Nutrient Packed Nutty Muffins
These aren't your typical cakey and sweet muffins. They are moist but not dense and the energy they give you won't spike your sugar levels, thanks to the oatmeal. Make theses little guys for a semi-sweet treat you can feel good about.
- Cream together 1/2 cup butter and 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Beat in 1 egg then whisk in 1/2 cup 2% milk
- Scatter on top ( in lieu of sifting): 1/2 cup quick oats, 1/2 cup a.p. flour, a pinch of b.s. and b.p., 1/4 cup craisins ('cause fuck raisins, right?), 1/2 cup crushed walnuts and 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Gently mix the ingredients together and portion into 6 parchement-paper-lined muffin tins
- Bake at 350 F for 15-20 minutes then smear it with butter (obviously!)