Food is an integral part of every holiday.
December is jam-packed with religious observances, ceremonies, holidays and festivals – and food plays a part in each.
Whether you are celebrating Eid al-Adha by slaughtering a sheep to share with neighbours, family and friends or celebrating each day of Hanukkah with foods fried in oil, the conviviality food brings creates and maintains community and friendship.
No matter what you are celebrating, please remember that everyone needs good food and donate what you can. ( But let’s keep it healthy too- that means swap the Kraft dinner for some Ontario dried beans)
Where to Donate:
Daily Bread Food Bank
191 New Toronto St.
Toronto, ON M8V 2E7
-Accepts non-perishable food items and monetary donations
- Donate online
- Mail a cheque to Second Harvest, 1450 Lodestar Road, Unit 18, Toronto ON, M3J 3C1
- Donate Over the phone at 416 408 2594
- Join Partners Against Hunger to donate monthly
- Gifts that Matter
- The Stop Community Food Centre: 1884 Davenport Rd. Toronto, ON., 416 652 7867
- The Stop's Green Barn, 601 Christie Street, Barn #4, Toronto, ON., 416 651 7867
- email: email@example.com
For more information, visit The Ontario Association of Food Banks
555 Bloor Street West, 2nd Floor
Toll Free: 1.866.220.4022